Note: The below directions apply to Firefox 2 or older. More updated directions canbe found at The Firefox Extension Guru’s Wiki.
Here is a neat little trick to open the Add-Ons and Download Managers into the sidebar instead of a new window:
- From the Bookmarks Menu, select Organize Bookmarks
- Click the New Bookmark Button
- In Name field enter what you want to call this bookmark (Add-Ons or Downloads)
- In the Location field copy/paste the appropriate address below:
- Add-Ons: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.xul
- Downloads: chrome://mozapps/content/downloads/downloads.xul
- Check the box: Load this bookmark in sidebar
- Click OK
To make it even easier to access the Add-Ons & Download Managers, you can drag the bookmarks from the Bookmark Menus onto your Bookmark Toolbar.
Tip Source: Mozilla Links