August, was a quiet month on the blog with a variety of Something Different Posts:
415 Unsupported Media Type
- HTTP Error Cartoons – a graphical representation of the common HTTP errors.
- School Time Jet Bus – Did anybody bring the marshmallows?
- Sneak Peak: zunePhone – Microsoft’s attempt to compete with the iPhone.
- The blogger known as the ‘Fake Steve Jobs’ true identity was exposed.
- Someone got fired for this… – a minor mishap involving an iPhone display at an Apple Store
Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 and Firefox 3.0a7 were released along with the Firefox Campus Edition. This special build of Firefox 220.127.116.11 targeted towards college students came pre-loaded with the FoxyTunes, Zotero and StumbleUpon add-ons. While on the subject of releases, a quick look back at Fx 2 schedule gave us clues that we were not going to see Firefox 3 released this year.
The Guru did a review of the FoxSaver extension along with a quick update on the ThunderBrowser Thunderbird extension. A couple tweaks, one which allows you to Speed Up OpenOffice Launch and the other to Change Default Text Editor in Fx for when viewing source of a web page. Finally a brief look at Epiphany, a Gecko based browser for the GNOME desktop.