- Code freeze: November 10th
- Firefox 220.127.116.11 / 3.0.4 mostly froze over the weekend.
- Need to take one or two more patches
- Slipping hand off to build by a day or two (aiming for one day)
- Code freeze: October 24th @ 11:59 PM PDT
- Builds start: October 28th
- QA starts: October 29th
- Release to beta channel: November 5th
- Final Release: November 12th
- 100k users on beta 1 (last week was underreported)
- lots of on positive press for performance
- accounting for small percentage of support incidents
- Hot item for Beta 2: Turning on Tracemonkey. Remaining Items:
- Other items remaining for final:
- Still working through remaining issues for Downloadable Fonts.
- Several crash bugs remaining on the blocker list
- Most other blocking issues are regressions and nasty one off bug fixes.
- work underway for beta 2
- fsync work has yet to land, hopefully will happen soon (still ironing out perf regression costs)
- private browsing mode is “so close”, should see it soon
- additional bookmarking features and finish up on <video> coming
- Feature Testing
- Worker Threads: Contacted email@example.com. Updating the test plan. Passing mochi tests. Needs mozmill tests. [adam]
- HTML 5 Drag and Drop: Completed 50% of the test cases [jmaher]
- Media Queries: Completed 50% of the test cases [jmaher]
- Drag and Drop tabs: Strong progress on the test plan. Completed 12 tests. [juanb]
- Offline Mode: Strong progress on the test plan. Completed 10 tests. [juanb]
- Overall: test planning is 78% done, 593 test cases planned. Test cases are 35% complete.
- Filed another 11 Leak Bugs last week from the Top Site Run (Global 500), apparently regressions on 1.9.1 [tomcat]
- Worked with Andreas Gal, Brendan, and David Anderson trying to figure out the last remaining (known) JIT crash blocker [stephend]
- For weekly engineering meeting notes and other info see the Platform page.
- Interesting queries related to Gecko 1.9.1
- 85 1.9.1 blockers.
- 284 wanted bugs (also up) NOTE: Work on blockers, not wanted bugs, if you can!
- String freeze: October 30th @ 11:59 PM PDT
- Code freeze: November 4th @ 11:59 PM PDT
- Builds start: TBA
- QA starts: TBA
- Release to beta channel: TBA
- Final Release: TBA
TBird 18.104.22.168 – Code Freeze
- Highly dependent on Firefox 22.214.171.124
- Code freeze: October 2th
- Builds start: November 3rd
- QA starts: November 5th
- Release to beta channel: November 12th
- Final Release: November 19th
TBird 3.0b1 (Shredder) – Status: In Process
- 3.0b1 work continues…
- String Freeze: November 13th
- Code freeze: November 18th
- Builds start: TBD
- QA starts: TBD
- Release to beta channel: TBD
- Final Release: TBD
Complete Meeting Notes