To disable the automatic update to IE7 on your own machine (Note: if you DO NOT have Windows XP SP2 installed DO NOT continue, IE7 requires you to have SP2):
- Download to your DESKTOP the IE7 Blocking Tool from the IntelliAdmin site
- The downloaded file is calledIE7BlockingTool.exe, double click on the file to run
- Click the radio button: Disable IE 7 auto install
- Click Apply and you have blocked IE 7 from being force fed to you via auto-update
- Move the downloaded file from your desktop into the recycle bin.