Last month I wrote about the contest to name Mozilla Japan’s new mascot (as seen on the left). The contest has ended and the official name is Foxkeh. I still have to wonder what the other mascot entries were like if Mozilla Japan choose this one out of some 600. Yes it is a “Fire Fox” but still.
I have collected some various comments about Foxkeh:
- ceebs’n’elvis on Team Vox: “Looks like that fox was eating some extra spicy hot wings…and is paying for it this morning!”
- SonOfPearl on Mozilla Links: “I think a slight re-design is needed to make the tail look more tail-like and less like a gaseous emmission!”
- The Inquirer, Blazing Saddles: “THE MOZZARELLA Foundation’s Japanese version of Fire Fox seems to be having some problems adapting to the local cuisine.” and ” There is no doubt that he will light up the world.”
- Pete on Mozilla Links: “Foxie, Farter of Flames”
- MrsWright on Team Vox: “The fox is very cute, but looks like he’s suffering from hellacious gas.”
- Aaron on Mozilla Links: “The fox is cute, but its tail looks more like flatulence than an actual tail.”
I am glad Mozilla in the US is going to stick with the traditional Firefox logo.