Now that Firefox 2 has been released I thought it would be nice if all the tweaks I have written about in the past couple months (and beyond) were in one easy place. So listed belows are links to all my Firefox 2 Tweaks entries as well as a link to CyberNet News for a tweak I did not cover. From time to time I will update this list as more tweaks are added. This list was last updated on 01/01/08.
- Add-Ons & Download Managers in Sidebar – Opens Add-Ons & Download Managers in sidebar instead of pop-up window.
- Add-Ons ‘Install’ Button – Adds an ‘install’ button to the add-ons manager.
- Adding Feed Readers – External link to CyberNet Article.
- Bookmarks: Backing up and Recovering – How-to guide for Bookmarks
- Change Progress Bar Color – Changes the color of the progress bar in your status bar.
- Close Tab Buttons – Changes the way the Close Tab buttons are displayed.
- Download Manager History Tweak – Changes when completed downloads are removed from the download manager
- Getting Your Search Results In New Tab – Displays search results from the search box in a new tab
- How to Remove ‘Go’ Button – Removes the ‘Go” button from the address bar
- How to Remove The Search ‘Go’ Button – Removes the Magnifying Glass from the search box
- List All Tabs Button – How to change the location or remove the List All Tabs Button.
- Moving/Removing Search Box – How to move or remove the search box.
- Moving the Sidebar – How to move the sidebar from the left side to the right side of the screen.
- Moving Your Tab Bar – How to move the tab bar to the bottom of the browser window.
- OpenOffice.org Docs in Firefox – Allows OpenOffice.org documents on the web to be viewed in Firefox.
Note: This tweak is done in OpenOffice not Firefox.
- Pause/Restrict/Disable Animated GIFs – Allows you to have some control over animated GIFs
- Removing Added Words From Fx Dictionary – How-to remove a word added in error to the Firefox dictionary
- Quick Find Bar Tweaks – Tweaks to add the ‘next’ and ‘previous’ buttons to the Quick Find Bar and how long the bar remains displayed.
- Removing The Throbber – Removes the Firefox Throbber from the toolbar.
- Session Restore Tweak – Allows Firefox to start off where you were when you closed
- Spell Check Tweak – Allows the spell checker to check single and multi-line text area fields
- SSL 2.0 Tweak – Enables SSL 2.0 Protocol for out dated sites.
- Tab Overflow – How to change or disable the Tab Overflow (scrolling tabs) feature
- Transitioning From Netscape 9 to Fx 2 – How to move over from Netscape 9 to Firefox 2