- fixed bugs
- Freeze – Dec 8th
- Shipped last week
- About 1.5m users so far have switched
- Expecting to see quite a few more since MU has only been released over a Friday and weekend.
- QA: Completed final testing and released major Update from 184.108.40.206 t0 3.0.4 on Thursday [abillings, ss, stephend]
- Had to respin 220.127.116.11 once.
- QA: testing period
- Ran smoketests and BFTs along with bug fix verifications for 18.104.22.168 and 3.0.4. Verified Debug Build needed Bugs for 22.214.171.124 and 3.0.5. [abillings, tomcat, juanb]
- Verified Accessibility bug fixes for 3.0.5. [marcoz]
- Looking at a day slip for the beta period right now
- Schedule (Estimated):
- Tree opens: November 3
- Code freeze: November 17 11:59pm
- QA starts: November 18
- Thanksgiving holiday: November 27 & 28
- Builds start: December 1
- Release to beta channel: December 9
- Final Release: December 16 (possible day slip for major update)
Fx 3.0.6 – Status: Tree Opening Pending
- Proposed schedule now on wiki
- QA: Started triage for 3.0.6 [ss]
- Targeted release is early February
- Schedule (Estimated)
- Tree opens: December 5
- Code freeze: January 6 11:59pm
- QA (Part 1) starts: January 7, 2009
- Builds start: January 19, 2009
- QA (Part 2) starts: January 20, 2009
- Release to beta channel: January 27, 2009
- Final Release: February 3, 2009
Fx 3.1b2 (Shiretoko)– Status: Pending Release
- Shipping today
- available in 54 languages – get your local version.
- Added a new Private Browsing Mode.
- Added functions to make it easy to clear recent history by time as well as remove all traces of a website.
- New support for web worker threads.
- Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
- Removed the new tab-switching behavior based on feedback from users
- Testing Beta 2. B2Build2 builds were available starting Tues. Usual testing, including top extensions testing, verifying accessibility bugs fixes, and update channel testing. [tchung, tracy, jmaher, marcoz, mnandigama]
- Feature testing
- Run JS tests. Checked more tests into mozilla-central [bc]
- CSS – Got new patches ready for CSS Transforms [ctalbert]
- See full status.
- Continued top site Topsite and Leak testing. Found 10 new Memory Leak Bugs! [tomcat]
- String freeze: October 30th @ 11:59 PM PDT
- Code freeze: November 4th @ 11:59 PM PDT
- Builds start: November 10th
- QA starts: TBA
- Release to beta channel: November 24th
- Final Release: December 8th
Fx 3.1b3 (Shiretoko)– Status: In Development
- Firefox 3.1 blockers
- New Employees:
- Jonathan Watt, Layout Team reporting to Robert O’Callahan, SVG maintainer, based in Amsterdam.
- Jonathan Kew, Layout Team reporting to Robert O’Callahan, International fonts and text specialist, based in the UK.
- Focusing on Beta 3 now.
- Some progress made on re-triage and prioritization, but we have more work to do (i.e., still have a lot of noms to sort through, but we’ve reduced the queue by 50%).
- For weekly engineering meeting notes and other info see the Platform page.
- Interesting queries related to Gecko 1.9.1
- 171 1.9.1 blockers.
- Beta 2 on schedule for later this week
- Development moved to mozilla-1.9.1 branch
- Schedule now available on the wiki.
- Going forward, plan to release Thunderbird 2 updates once every eight weeks
- QA: Moved Thunderbird 2 to a 2 month release cycle [ss]
- Schedule (Estimated)
- Code freeze: November 17, 11:59pm PDT
- Builds start: December 9 or 10 (depending on Firefox 126.96.36.199 beta period)
- QA starts: December 10 or 11
- Release to beta channel: December 17 or 18
- Final Release: As late as January 6 (pending QA and build resources in December)
TBird 3.0b1 (Shredder) – Status: Pending Release
- No Report
- String Freeze: November 14th @ 23:59 Pacific.
- Code freeze: November 25th @ 23:59 Pacific.
- Builds start: TBD
- QA starts: TBD
- Release to beta channel: TBD
- Final Release: December 2008
Complete Meeting Notes