Windows 10 is finally here and yes there is a mad rush of people getting the FREE upgrade. Here are some details you need to understand about this FREE Upgrade Offer:
- You have until July 28th, 2016 to take advantage of the offer if you meet the requirements (explained below). If you wait too long and miss this deadline you have some options:
- Buy a new computer with Windows 10 already installed
- Pay for the Windows 10 Upgrade ($119 for Home and $199 for Pro)
- Become a guinea pig and be part of the Windows Insider program
- In order to qualify for this FREE Upgrade Offer you must be running a non-pirated version of either the Home or Professional editions of Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 only. Windows XP, Vista, RT or Enterprise Editions (7 or 8.1) do NOT qualify.
- If you have already upgrade before the 2016 deadline, there is no cost to keep Windows 10. You will still get FREE regular updates (including new features) through October 2020 and security updates through October 2025. As a reminder Windows 7 supports ends January 2020 and 8.1 in January 2023.
- Future ‘Windows as a Service’ plans Microsoft may introduce will not apply to Windows 10.