Mozilla released the next scheduled update for the Thunderbird 38.x branch with 38.3.0 on September 29, 2015. There have been some changes to this version for increased stability.
- NEW: Saved files tab now implements Search field and Clear button.
- FIXED: (Right-)Clicking on a newsgroup now allows directly composing a message again
- FIXED: Importing to the address book from CSV now works with international characters
- FIXED: Thunderbird no longer crashes when executing filter rules when using maildir
- FIXED: When using the maildir storage format, the INBOX folder is no longer deleted
- FIXED: Emails with long References headers are now decoded correctly
- FIXED: Checking for new messages correctly works after hibernation again
- FIXED: Chat entries are no longer sometimes lost in global database at shutdown.
The next planned update for the Thunderbird 38.x branch will be around early November with Thunderbird 38.4.0 release. Users can update from within Thunderbird via Help > About Thunderbird and following the prompts. User may also manually download and install the update from the getthunderbird.com site.