UPDATE: There was a typo in the preference name published earlier the correct preference name is mail.tabs.drawInTitlebar. This works on all versions of Windows, not just XP
There are some scattered reports that Windows XP users are having issues with the new ‘Draw Tabs in Title Bar’ feature as part of the updated UI aka Australia project. Something got botched with either Bug 771816 or 775793 resulting in a messed up and unusable UI. While Mozilla get this sorted out Windows XP users should be able to disable the ‘Draw Tabs in Title Bar’ feature (and restore the Title Bar) by setting the value of the preference mail.tabs.drawInTitlebar to false.
- From the Tools Menu go to Option…
- Click Advanced
- (If needed) click the General Tab
- Click the Config Editor… button at the bottom right.
- (If needed) click the I’ll be careful, I promise! button.
- From within the editor in the filter field type mail.tabs.drawInTitlebar
- double-click on the entry to change the value to false.
- Changes take effect instantly