Today is the second Tuesday of December, better known as Patch Tuesday. Today, Microsoft Corporation 252,75 +4,94 +1,99% has released Windows 10 mandatory updates KB5021233 (20H2, 21H1, 21H2, and 22H2) and KB5021237.
Microsoft has fixed several bugs and made a couple of improvements to the operating system, including:
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Camera app. The app stops responding when memory is low.
- This update addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.
- The search box now appears, by default, on the taskbar when the taskbar is at the top of your screen or when you turn on small taskbar button mode. You can use the search box to discover information and search your PC and the web directly from your taskbar. To configure how search appears, right-click the taskbar of your primary monitor and hover over Search.
- Streamline your taskbar experience! Cortana is no longer pre-pinned to your taskbar by default. If you want to re-pin Cortana to the taskbar, see Using Cortana in Windows.
- It addresses some persistent update failures for the Microsoft Store.
- It addresses an issue that affects certain printers. The print outputs are misaligned.
- It addresses the suspension of daylight saving time (DST) in the Republic of Fiji for this year.
Microsoft is not aware of any critical issues in this update.
A complete list of fixes can be found in the release notes for the November 2022 Preview KB5020030 update.