This post will be updated as issues are resolved or discovered
Microsoft Corporation 245,12 -5,08 -2,03% Windows 11 22H2 released on September 20, 2022 was the first annual Feature Update to Windows 11. Unfortunately, the release has had some issues, some of which are preventing users from being offered the update. BLOCKED indicates Microsoft is blocking the Windows 11 22H2 update on machines with this specific hardware. Here is list of major known issues associated with the Windows 11 22H2 release:
- BLOCKED Windows Hello users may not be able to sign on using PIN or Biometric methods after installing the Windows 11 22H2 Feature Update. This issue has been addressed with the Windows 11 KB5017389 cumulative update being released in October 2022.
- BLOCKED Intel Smart Sound Technology (ISST) users with older drivers are getting BSOD errors. Updating the device’s driver(s) to newer version should remove this restriction.
- RESOLVED Universal Print or Microsoft IPP Class Drivers compatibility issues are causing some ‘advanced printer’ features not to work after the Windows 11 22H2 update. Updating the device’s driver(s) to newer version should remove this restriction. Updated 10/24/2022: Microsoft has solution for this issue using a Troubleshooter.
- NVIDA GeForce users have experienced performance issues when using the GeForce Experience software. NVIDA has addressed this issue in a Beta release of the GeForce Experience software.
- 40% Slower File Copying or Downloading from a remote server or PC. User can get around this issue using robocopy or xcopy with the /J (unbuffered IO) parameter.
- Remote Desktop Connectivity Issues on computers with the Windows 11 2022 Feature Update. Current work around is either rolling back the Windows 11 22H2 update or disabling UDP connections on affected clients
- Error 0x800700b7 while attempting to Provision a device with Windows 11 22H2 Feature Update already installed. Current work around is provision the device prior to installing the update.
- PENDING TLS Handshake Failure. This issue was caused by the October 2022 Update (KB5018427) not by the initial release of Windows 11 22H2. This issue will be resolved with the forthcoming November 2022 Windows 11 22H2 Update (KB5018496).
- PENDING Out of sync audio and video when using Xbox Game Bar Capture. This issue will be resolved with the forthcoming November 2022 Windows 11 22H2 Update (KB5018496).